Dear former participants of the online discussion on public awareness regarding LMOs,
Please note that the notification to participate in the Fair on Experiences and Best Practices in Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA) at the UN Biodiversity Conference, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt 2018, including on the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, is now available at https://www.cbd.int/doc/notifications/2018/ntf-2018-058-cepa-fair-en.pdf
The theme for the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety is about the 15 years of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety and the entry into force of its Supplementary Protocol on Liability and Redress.
The topics in the CEPA Fair guide are as follows:
* Implementing the Protocol: lessons learnt in developing biosafety frameworks
* Mainstreaming biosafety into National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans and other
sectoral and cross-sectoral legislation, plans and programmes
* Experiences with the use of the Biosafety Clearing-House and national biosafety clearinghouses
* Experiences and best practices in the detection and identification of LMOs
* Lessons learnt in raising awareness and ensuring participation in decision-taking on LMOs
* National developments in the field of liability and redress and consideration of socioeconomic
considerations in decision-taking processes on LMOs
Please note that more information on the 15 years of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety will shortly be available in the Portal on Article 23 at http://bch.cbd.int/onlineconferences/portal_art23/pa_main.shtml
with a resource section.